The Kaiela Institute is an investment organisation that supports leadership to question, re-think and act. We support the collaboration of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal leadership to envision, design and implement an inclusive future for all people in the Goulburn Murray region of Victoria. We are at the forefront of policy analysis and innovative solutions, focused on regional development, prosperity and sustainability of Aboriginal culture.
We are one of the founders of the Empowered Communities initiative and within that place-based framework, have been working on an ambitious agenda for change for the region with current projects including:
- Algabonyah Regional Governance and Voices
- Goulburn Murray Regional Prosperity Plan
- Algabonyah Business Development Unit
- Algabonyah Data and Research Unit
- Munarra Centre for Regional Excellence
- Dungala Kaiela Oration